If you own a home or commercial property in London, then after a while, the time comes that you need renovations done. If you own property that is undeveloped or underdeveloped, you might even need full blown construction. Some basic projects might be do it yourself situations, but professional construction is increasingly necessary, as amateur mistakes are risky and costly, both financially and time wise. Also, professionals are better suited to handle the safety, legal, and regulatory requirements. Keep reading to learn 5 ways you can find a good construction company in London.
1) Talk to fellow property owners or managers, especially ones you respect or trust as being people who maintain their buildings, homes, or other structures well. It does not take too many conversations to find someone who has had construction or renovation work done in the not too distant past. Inquire as to who they used for their work and if they were satisfied. Ask specifically how they felt about the quality of the work, the intrusion of workers on their property, the pricing, and how they felt treated overall by the business in question. These are great guidelines in figuring out if a firm is a good choice for you.
2) Check out the award winners and best of lists that local media and publications run. These run at various intervals, sometimes quarterly, but more often annually. If there are hundreds of construction businesses available for your needed work in the greater London area, then any one that lands on a top 10 or 25 best list is at least worth an initial phone call and free consultation.
3) Make your needs known on social media. Friends, family, and professional acquaintances that you perhaps do not see regularly can provide their own experiences, opinions, and suggestions to your Facebook wall. You might even know someone looking for work who you can contract directly.
4) Consult online reviews. Given the recent push towards local search engine optimization and how many smartphone users let the Internet help them find local businesses, it is easier than ever to restrict search engine results to your city or even neighborhood. Do this to not only generate a list of possibilities but also see the reviews that people are leaving about them in terms of service quality and customer satisfaction.
5) Check with trade organizations and related government agencies or branches. As mentioned earlier, there are a lot of safety considerations and legal regulations revolving around construction and renovation. As such governing bodies of either professional organizations or government inspectors watch over the local industry. Check with them to see which construction businesses have the best ratings and safety records, and which ones have dubious or questionable histories of complaints and unresolved issues.
Whether you are looking to redo the kitchen and bathroom in your home or modernize an entire retail store, these are 5 ways you can find a good construction company in London.